Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Homedics Vibration Neck Massager with Heat - Not a fan!

My neck was killing me recently, and I also and a series of migraines. Both persisted for several weeks. In addition to the inevitable trip to the doctor's office, I went hog wild and bought a bunch of first aid type products at the drug store.

Aside from a neck brace and a really cool seat device (called a BackJoy SitSmart Posture Plus) I also picked up a HoMedics Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heat. The neck brace actually helped, the BackJoy SitSmart Posture Plus also helped quite a bit too.

Sadly, the HoMedics Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heat is going to have to go back to the store.
    

The reason why I don't like this device is that I had to hold onto it while I was using it. I could sit, stand, or lay down, but I had to hug it or wrap my arms/hands around it.

Although it still "worked" technically speaking, if I have to hold onto it while I am using it then I am not very likely to use it. This device is going to go back to the store.


     According to the directions there are metal pieces inside the massager that allow you to "bend" the massager device and reshape it to conform to your neck's individual shape and size. This isn't really true. It might fit around my neck snugly if I had a neck the size of a gallon paint can, but I don't so it doesn't.

These pieces kind of bend, but they do not bend nearly enough. It is hard for me to believe that they advertise that it works this way when clearly no one with a neck smaller than the Incredible Hulk's will find this claim to be true. I was very disappointed.

Maybe it would have been better if I went for the HoMedics NMS-375 Shiatsu Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heat version of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment